Why Choose Maxon for your Illinois Concealed Carry Course:
- Facility: Maxon Shooter’s Supplies is Illinois’ first NSSF 5 Star range. This means you are learning in a top rated facility. Your classroom is well-equipped and bright. Maxon Shooter’s Supplies is a full service gun shop, with ammunition, accessories, and repairs available right here. Something broke? Forgot something? Need ammo? We’ve got you covered.
- People: Our instructors are education professionals and employees of Maxon Shooter’s Supplies. Collectively, the staff has more than 2300 hours of firearms training. We are professional, qualified, and accountable to shop management.
- Convenience: We value your time.
- Maxon is conveniently located just north of O’Hare.
- Our classes may be scheduled online, on your schedule.
- You will learn and qualify at the same location; no more running around from hotel meeting room to shooting range.
- We offer week day evening and weekend classes
- Classes are limited to 15 students
- Equipment: We use only the finest training materials:
- US Concealed Carry Association course book
- SIRT Training pistols
- Large-screen video display with multi-sourced video
- Wide selection of rental firearms available
Maxon’s 16 hour Illinois concealed carry course satisfies the Illinois state requirement to apply for your Illinois concealed carry permit. The first 8 hours covers basics of firearm safety, operations, and maintenance. By the end of the first 8 hours you will be able to operate your firearm safely in both a classroom and range setting. The second 8 hour segment covers IL law with regard to concealed carry and gives in-depth information regarding traveling with a firearm and prohibited places where you may not carry a firearm. A 30 round qualification shoot will take place during the second 8 hour segment. Although it is not required by the State of IL, Maxon Concealed Carry instructors will ask that you shoot your qualification with the firearm you intend to carry in .380ACP/.38sp or higher caliber. Maxon has several firearms for rent if you do not have a carry firearm. Maxon concealed carry courses are kept to a maximum of 15 students.
You must have a valid FOID card to sign up for this course.
Cost: $250, includes range fee and required B27 target for qualification shoot.
Application assistance is available for an additional $30
Fingerprinting is not included in the cost of the course
Ammunition is available for purchase and eye/ear protection is available for rent or purchase.
Check the below or on the Maxon Calendar for the next available class and to sign up
Dates listed are for the first day of the class. Saturday “Dates” are Saturday and Sunday. Thursday “Dates” are the first of four successive Thursday evenings.
Source (2-3-17): http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
What you will need for class:
-Pen and paper
-Eye and ear protection for day 1 and day 2 (Maxons can provide them if you do not have them)
-For the first day there will be a short period of time in the range as long as scheduling/timing allows it. You may bring your own firearm and ammunition to practice or we will provide you with a 22lr caliber firearm and 50 rounds of 22lr ammunition
-For the second day only you will need a firearm to shoot the qualification and a minimum of 30 rounds, if you do not have a firearm one can be rented from Maxons as well as you can purchase ammunition in the shop before or during your class
-Unless stated otherwise, the part 2 immediately following the part 1 (Sunday after Saturday, or Thursday after Thursday usually) on the calendar is the same class and are required to show up for both days
Group Discounts and Private Classes
For groups of five or more, we offer:
- 10% off class
- Free Gun Rental
Off-site and/or private classes may be scheduled directly – please contact us via email email@example.com
April 13 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
April 22 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
May 6 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Training classes are not refundable but may be re-scheduled once at no additional cost with at least 72 hours notice.