This class is designed for the shooter who has never had any formal firearms training involving holster use, but shooters that are more advanced still get a lot from this course and get a solid refresher in the fundamentals. We welcome both outside and inside the waistband holsters as we need those students that conceal carry to be as efficient and effective as possible. We will cover performance based training, individual skill improvement, and critical thinking.
Check the Maxon Calendar for scheduled classes.
Topics Covered Include:
- Belt/Holster choices
- Holster placement options
- Drawing from a strong side hip holster
- Shooting from the draw
YOU MUST HAVE PRIOR FIREARMS TRAINING AND BE ABLE TO SAFELY OPERATE A HANDGUN IN BOTH A RANGE AND CLASSROOM SETTING.
Items you will need:
- Reliable pistol or revolver (.38 sp/.380acp or higher)
- Strong side hip holster with belt
- At least 2 magazines with holster
- 200 rounds of factory ammunition (no reloads) – can be purchased at Maxon
- Eye/ear protection
Cost is $150, 3 hour class, and you can make your reservation below.